We took solid and independent research as to what laptops have quality and are also cheap to suit human needs. Not everyone wants an expensive laptop. And fortunately, there are quality laptops that are cheap and satisfactory. Not everyone wants to spend as much as $1000 buying just a laptop. There are so many things you would want to use the money for. With that also, you would want the best quality for that price range or at least, something tangible. No one wants to carry an obsolete laptop in the name of buying a cheap laptop.
We have through our rigorous research swept through the market to not just find any cheap laptop for you, but a laptop that will bring you satisfaction.
But before we start, wouldn’t you want to know what parameters you need to choose a cheap laptop? There are parameters and we’re going to be going through these parameters. This will be the determining factor in choosing that dream laptop for a low price.
When we speak about design, we talk about the build-up and how beautiful it is. The fact that you’re buying a cheap laptop wouldn’t make you buy one that isn’t attractive enough. Laptop designs vary, according to the manufacturer.
Most laptops are very handy, while some are heavy. When you want to choose laptops according to this category, you wouldn’t choose a heavy laptop. Heavy laptops don’t mean it will be awesome. A nice handy laptop that is portable, is paramount when deciding – one you could carry anywhere without difficulty or discomfort.
The CPU of a laptop is the cores to which a certain laptop can perform the maximum function. Intel’s Core processors are the best since you would be going for a cheap laptop. CPU cores range from Core i3, Core i5, and core i7.
In my laptop-guide post, I did a detailed view on CPU’s. It is preferable to go for laptops with Core i5 to enable quality user experience. There are some laptops whose CPU specification is 1.1GHz.
Well, those laptops aren’t going to be satisfactory because the cores are too small to carry so many processes. But if you are buying the laptop for your child, you wouldn’t consider this factor so much.
Storage is the capacity to which a laptop can accommodate files. Storage of most cheap laptops ranges from 16GB up to 128GB. Some laptops come with an SD card reader where you can slot in an SD card. This is to support low storage. If you really want to have a laptop you would appreciate buying, you should go for one with a minimum of 64GB.
But what if it’s kinda difficult to find?
Then another option is getting one with 32GB only if it has an SD card reader. This isn’t that bad because system files take up space and you wouldn’t want to delete files just to save some files or space. So getting an SD card reader to support the existing storage will go a long way.
I never considered RAM when I bought my first laptop and this is what most inexperienced buyers do. They think when the laptop is appealing to the eye, then it’s suitable for purchase. Well, I’m glad to announce to you that that is how manufacturers make their money. It’s a new way.
When you don’t check the RAM specification and you eventually buy it, it will take literally a few months before you begin to experience system Lag. And by then, you wouldn’t be able to make a refund so you start thinking of buying a new laptop.
But having the right buying guide before making these decisions will eliminate waste. Right isn’t it?
The most suitable Ram you should get for any cheap laptop you want to buy is 4GB. Although, not all cheap laptop have the privilege of having 4GB. But don’t worry, we have the list of these laptops with this RAM size and it’s amazingly cheap- you wouldn’t believe…
Some people consider this and some don’t. The truth is, the more the battery life, the less you would have to worry when working on it.
Working on a system and only for it to give you that ”battery low” signal is very annoying.
On the other hand, you wouldn’t want to buy a system that takes time to charge and just only to spend a few hours with it and its already 15%. I can’t overemphasize the need for a lasting battery. Always check how long the system will last. Often times, there will be specifications on the standby hours. Laptops that are listed below have their battery life specified to give you an idea of what to come by with.
We’ve gone through the few highlights on what you need from a cheap laptop. I also wrote a more detailed post on that, It will help you too.
Now that you have a solid idea of what specs are necessary, you can now make the right decision.
Our Top Picks
1) Lenovo ChromebookC330 2-in-1
CPU: 2.1GHz Pentium | RAM: 4GB | Storage: 64GB | Display: 11.4 inches | Battery: 10 hours | Average Price: $249
Don’t want to spend a lot of money on a new notebook?
You might want to consider a Chromebook, a platform which offers some low-cost options.
With just $280, you can spend another $20 to upgrade to a 64GB of storage. This is a good basement price for a 2-in-1 that’s not going to weigh you down.
This Laptop far exceeded our expectations. The Chromebook is fast, the speed is snappy and the device responds quickly to gestures and commands. But does the Chromebook bring enough performance and convenience? Let’s find out…
- With its cute and lovely small border design, it’s just the opposite of the Acer 2-in-1. People prefer notebooks because they are light to carry and easy to use.
- Most Chromebooks at this price go for TN panels, but the Chromebook C330 comes with an IPS and this is amazing.
- The plastic seems thick, durable and easy to control, without showing your fingerprints.
- Ports included at the sides of the Chromebooks are the USB-C port (which is used for charging), HDMI output, USB-A port, an SD card slot, security slot, power and volume controls, and the headphone jack.
- The speakers although lack in bass, gets surprisingly loud. Not all Chromebooks have good speakers though, but the speakers are okay.
- The IPS touchscreen is very responsive and you can hardly find yourself touching the screen more than once for your intended gestures. The screen is bright in home conditions too.
- Google play makes this system to be able to do just anything. We tried using intense applications like chrome, Netflix, Hulu, Chrome, several banking apps, and some other apps. All of them are snappily responsive. Netflix and Hulu playback is smooth and pleasant to watch on the screen.
- The available storage for the 64GB laptop is 49GB.
- The screen is not very bright when you’re outdoors.
With all the features this laptop packs for just less than $300, it will not only perform tasks but you will never regret purchasing it especially if you love watching movies with laptops.
2) HP 4ND16UA
CPU: 1.1 GHz Pentium | RAM: 4GB | Storage: 1 TB | Display: 15.6 inches | Battery: 5 hours | Average Price: $290
We have critically looked at this laptop and we considered it fit for 2019. With its excellent storage of about 1 TB coming with a cheap price, It found its way into our list. The 1 TB gives it more advantage over various laptops other people consider cheap.
You rarely could find a cheap laptop with 1 Terabyte but HP makes it available and affordable for everyone.
But does this laptop worth buying in 2019? Let’s look at the Pros.
- Quick booting. Well, most manufacturers have worked on the booting time of their laptops. You know how frustrating it could be waiting 3mins for a laptop to just boot. However, this laptop takes less than 10 secs to boot.
- It’s light in weight. At least, you now have an option to choose. No more carrying heavy laptops with good storage, Here is one that has good storage yet light in weight.
- Very accurate touch screen.
- Great screen resolution and it plays videos with great quality.
- It runs FL studio 20, Netflix, Hulu and minecraft with solid speed and good performance
- The Ram can be upgradable to a maximum of 8GB and RAM to 2.4GHz
- It has a touchscreen that works with just a light touch
- Little lagging while downloading
- Low CPU.
- If you just use a mechanical drive that comes with the laptop, it will run slow. But with a solid state drive, this laptop can have 10 tabs open in google chrome, multiple word documents open, excel, YouTube running all at the same time.
The overall performance is almost the same as laptops with Core i7 processors.
3) Lenovo Ideapad A12
CPU: 2.7GHz AMD A | RAM: 8GB | Storage: 1TB | Display: 5.6″ display Typical 1366 x 768 HD resolution. Energy-efficient LED backlit | Battery: 4 hours | Average Price: $350
Another cheap 1 TB storage from Lenovo. Lenovo is known worldwide for not only innovative designs but strong build quality.
The computer has a solid processor and enough memory to handle pretty much anything the average user will throw at it
Lenovo-A12 comes with the latest Windows 10. The 8GB system memory for advanced multitasking Substantial high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games and photo- and video-editing applications, as well as multiple programs and browser tabs all at once.
- 1TB hard drive for ample file storage space Holds a sizeable collection of digital photos, music, HD videos, and DVD-quality movies.
- AMD Radeon R7 Integrated graphics chipset with shared video memory provides solid image quality for Internet use, movies, basic photo editing, and casual gaming.
- It can run mine craft and other games very well depending on your WiFi connection.
- The maximum RAM capacity is 16GB. This means it can be upgraded.
- The keyboard is very comfortable and responsive making your typing with ease. In addition, it has a beautifully dedicated numeric keypad
- Quick booting.
- Lightweight to enable you to carry it around everywhere you go.
- Nice screen when watching movies
- On our test, it could handle multiple programs including the ”resource-hog” Google chrome without hiccups
- Limited battery life. Because of its limited battery, you constantly will be moving around with the charger. This laptop is best suitable for growing business people who work or are desiring to work at home. You wouldn’t spend so much money buying the best laptop as you get started in business.
- It isn’t advisable for anyone who wants to use it for games.
With a price of $348, this laptop comes with amazing specs and you definitely will enjoy it if you can overcome the battery problem.
Create a Google Account
4) Acer Aspire 3
CPU: 7th Generation Intel Dual Core i5, 2.5GHz processor | RAM: 8GB (upgradable) | Storage: 1TB | Display: | Battery: 7 hours | Average Price: $450
The 7th generation Acer aspire not only comes in a handy size but it’s also light in weight.
The attractive gunmetal Grey chassis sports a textured finish, both on the lid and the interior. It’s a neat finish that compliments the durable construction nicely.
It’s good to have a common laptop to browse, save pictures and use social media. This one goes beyond that to help you achieve what you need to do with its super fast memory. One thing you will definitely love with this product is the ease with which it uses to perform certain tasks that could be difficult for other laptops. Still, want to know more of its features?
- It’s pretty light.
- The RAM can be upgraded. So there’s no fear if you notice the laptop lagging. You simply will upgrade the RAM to match the day to day task
- One of the highlights of this budget laptop is the full-sized chiclet keyboard. This stretches across a fair chunk of the chassis, which means that each key is well sized and spaced. No crushed-up Enter or cursor keys to ruin your touch-typing experience. There’s even room for a proper numerical keypad, although I’d have preferred a bit of gap between that and the rest of the keyboard. The keyboard is however designed to add comfort when typing.
- Durable battery. The battery exceeded the average life span of laptop batteries. At least you wouldn’t worry so much about keeping the charger beside you, unlike the Lenovo Ideapad A12.
- The 15.6 screen size is just unique for watching favorite movies. It adds color to the movie.
5) Samsung Chromebook 3
CPU: 1. 6 GHz Intel Celeron (Upgradeable to 2.48GHz) | RAM: 4GB | Storage: 16GB | Display: 11.6 inches LCD display technology | Battery: 11 hours | Average price: $200
This is one of the best cheap laptops we found for you! Many exciting features to keep you enthusiastic for buying it. Samsung Products are generally known for their strong quality and the amazing value it offers. Chromebook 3 is no doubt, a strong quality device. Most of the features that you’ll find amazing are…
- It has built-in security features to ensure you’re protected from viruses and malware. No setup or long load times – simply log in with a google account. And you’re in. If you don’t know how to create a Google account, you can click here. Get the best of Google, Gmail, Maps, Docs and Pics and back everything up safely in the cloud. This Chromebook gets free updates automatically. So, you won’t need to worry about updates of the system.
- You can keep it in the kitchen, the kids can use it to watch movies during snacks or meal time and this shouldn’t give you headache. You know why? Because it has a water resistant keyboard. I’m sure you definitely would like this feature when you get one.
- You get 11 hours of battery on a single charge. Means you can view the news over coffee in the morning, check emails at lunch then surf social media after dinner, all without having to recharge again
- You save for a long term when you purchase this laptop.
- You can access several-different hotkey menus which you can access by keyboard combinations.
- With only 16 GB of storage, you might need an SD card if you want to save large or many files.
- It does slow down noticeably if you’re doing too much at once. If you have a video call going on Facebook messenger, Chrome will take three to four seconds to respond. However, other than video calls, it does really well.
6) Acer Chromebook 11
CPU: 2.58GHz Intel Celeron N2840 Dual-core processor | RAM: 4GB | Storage: 16GB | Display: 11.6 inches HD IPS Anti-glare display | Battery: 9 hours | Average price: $250
We closely have watched Acer’s product for years now and they really are recommended. The have good specs like Samsung and Lenovo products but it also comes affordable. As the best value 11.6 inches Chromebook – the Acer Chromebook has everything you need. Ranging from the battery life to the Ram to the ports. If you were to buy this laptop, you definitely would want to know the pros and the cons.
- Affordable. You can get it as low as $250
- You want faster connection speed? The Acer Chromebook 11 brings speed to another level. Up to 3 times faster than the previous generation, its wireless 802.11ac connection offers improved coverage for distance and range.
- Being powered by an Intel Celeron Processor, Its starts as instantly as a phone. You only wait 10 seconds for it to boot.
- The 4 GB RAM makes allows you to run multiple pages at the same time without hiccups.
- The HD IPS Anti-glare display enables you and your family enjoy the Chromebook outside in sunlight for classwork, reading, playing games, watching movies and more.
- Plastic looks cheap
- Not a ”design piece”
- Low maximum screen brightness
This really is a nice-quality, feature packed laptop. Recommended. If you need more reviews about this laptop, click here
7) Asus Chromebook C523NA
CPU: 2.4GHz Intel Dual Core Celeron Processor | RAM: 4GB | Storage: 32GB | Display: 15.6 inches NanoEdge Display | Battery: 7 hours | Price: $250
Asus laptops have been know all over the world for one of the best classic designs.
Chromebook displays are generally on the small side, but now larger options are finally starting to sprout up. A giant compared to its direct competitors, the Asus Chromebook C523NA flaunts a large 15.6-inch, 1080p panel. You get that crisp display along with an aluminum chassis and good performance for just $250.
However, the C523NA’s short battery life damages its strong value.
- NO delay in booting time. Asus has maintained consistency in building laptops that doesn’t take time to boot.
- If you are looking for a cheap laptop with good sound quality, then you should consider having this product. The reason I say this is that, we tested it and other laptops and tablet, and the sound quality was much more preferred.
- The Chromebook OS operating system allows you to work in the cloud and protects your files from viruses and hackers.
- Limited battery
- The laptop only features a Pentium processor in combination with the flash memory, so its suitable for basic tasks like surfing the web, emailing and text processing.
- Windows program doesn’t work in a Chromebook, switching from Windows to Chrome OS could take some time getting used to it.
Although, we expected the Chromebook’s battery to last a whole day but it didn’t. However, the battery isn’t the only criteria not to buy the chromebook as it is still average. For more indepth review, click here
8) Acer Aspire E15
CPU: 3.4GHz 8th generation Intel Core i5 Processor | RAM: 6GB | Storage: 1TB | Display: 5.6″ Full HD widescreen LED-lit Display | Battery: 14 hours Average Price: $350
The Aspire E 15 has everything you will want from a hardware perspective: a quad-core core i5, 6 GB of RAM and a 1 TB SSD which are both great inclusions in an entry level product. We wouldn’t recommend you buying a laptop with no SSD and with less than 2GB of RAM, but Acer machine has both.
- It has an SD slot
- The Acer Aspire comes with a good build quality and a super high fast processor. One major thing every laptop buyer wants is a fast laptop that can handle any and every task given to it, as well as a beautifully designed laptop too.
- Huge and decent touchpad. Keyboard likability varies with individuals. However, Acer aspire E 15 makes the keypad friendly to your fingers.
- It has a wide port range. Do you like your system being connected to many devices at once? You definitely will go for this. The wide ports allows for different sizes and styles of cables to be connected to it.
- Poor viewing angles. You may not get the same quality of viewing from different angles as you get when you’re facing the screen.
- No fingerprint scanner
- Thick and heavy. If yo don’t like heavy laptops at all, you would not consider this as an option.Read more about Acer E 15
9) Acer Aspire 1 A114
CPU: 2.6GHz Intel Celeron Dual core processor | RAM: 4GB | Storage: 64GB | Display: 14 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit Display | Battery: 7 Hours | Average Price: $250
The 2018 Acer Aspire 1, just like its predecessor is high on features yet, low-on-budget notebook.
It is a competitively priced entry-level laptop from Acer which does not pack much power, but if all you need to do is browse the internet, work on documents and consume contents online, this laptop can check all those boxes and it will not break the bank while doing that.
- The laptop comes with Windows 10 in S mode which is excellent for students and individuals who need added security. The S mode limits apps that you can download, and you can only use third-party apps that are verified by Microsoft store. Well, you can opt out of the S mode if you don’t like it.
- Pretty decent screen. The screen is a bit dim, but it has a matte coating on top which does a great job of reducing reflections while using this laptop in well-lit ares. Dim screens helps the longevity of the eye.
- You can rotate the screen more than 180 degrees. IF you like 2-in-1 devices, you should consider this as well.
- Bad speaker placement. Although the two speakers gets so loud anytime its used and can fill the small sized room but it lacks clarity when the sound is produced.
- The display on the Aspire 1 does no offer great viewing angles. This is one common challenge about cheap laptops. Butthere is no problem as long as you can view it directly.
- Although it is low price laptop, the webcam is really not great. The pictures we took with it were unacceptable. It has nno picture and video quality.
- Its abosolutely not the best for gaming. However, we tested Asphalt 9 on it and it ran well.
10) Acer spin 1
CPU: 2.4GHz Cerelon N3350 Dual Core Processor | RAM: 4GB | Storage: 32GB | Display: 11.6 inches Full HD multi-touch widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display | Battery: 8 hours | Average Price: $329
Do you love holding a pen and writing on a laptop? And also wanting that the laptop should be cheap? If you’re an Architecturing student, Art student, or you need a laptop for drawing, you should consider buying this cheap laptop. The reason why I say so, is because of its benefits to you.
- The Spin 1 has plenty room for ports. You get 3 full-sized USB ports, Although only one is USB 3.0; the others are USB 2.0
- It comes with a full-size HDMI which is useful for a quick and easy movie watching. You just can plug the HDMI from your laptop to your TV.
- Quality screen. Acer produced this cheap laptop, but did not produce it with the common TN LCD unlike other laptops but opted for IPS instead. This means the display largely looks great from any angle. This makes watching movies or working on your system more productive as you will have the same quality viewing from each angle.
- The 1,920 x 1,080 resolution it came with, results in a super sharp image. Pictures and videos are very sharp so there’s no need being worried about the picture quality.
- Slim and light weight.
- Lacks storage. But you could opt for 64GB which is reasonable for system update.
You have the most priceless information and alot of people don’t have this information you just received.
You can share this post to your friends using the share buttons and please we would like to here your comments and opinions about this post through the comment below.
Read more: Laptop overheating solutions